The Association of Shotokan Karate holds belt gradings on a roughly quarterly basis. The next grading will be taking place on Nov 3, 2019 (registration starting at 12:30 pm) at the south dojo.
Click on the link below for the grading syllabus used by the Association of Shotokan Karate for all Kyu gradings (white belt to brown belt):
Dan (black belt) gradings will follow the syllabus below:
- Grading fees are $25 in cash or cheque made out to A S Karate Council Alberta.
- This grading is open to students attempting a Kyu (colour) belt grading.
- The afternoon will begin with a brief warmup, then the grading will begin in order of ascending rank.
- Don’t forget to bring your ASK grading record book (if you have one), all kumite gear (gloves, leg/foot/chest protectors, athletic support, mouthguard) for advanced students!
- Pack some water and a small snack to keep your energy up!