Arriving at Training:
The ASK has been monitoring the COVID-19 situation and are happy to announce that indoor training will start again in October 2020. There are so major changes that will be coming up and we ask everyone to be patient and understanding as the Dojo’s reopen.
We are happy to have three ASK Dojo’s that will be running in October, please pay specific attention to the date and times for each.
Dalhouse Dojo – Classes Starting October 1, 2020 (5432 Dalhart Rd NW, Calgary, AB)
Tuesday – 6:00pm – 7:00pm
Thursday – 7:00pm – 8:00pm
Chinook Park – Classes Starting October 2, 2020 (1015 73 Ave SW, Calgary, AB)
Friday – 7:30 – 8:30pm in the Gym
Sunday – 1:00 – 2:00pm in the Multipurpose Room (THIS TIME COULD CHANGE in the near future)
Waza-Ari – Classes Starting October 5, 2020 (224 Shawmeadows Road SW Calgary, AB)
Monday – 5:30- 6:15pm
Wednesday – 5:30 – 6:15pm (The Intermediate class will not be starting till Nov)
Effective January 1, 2021 – there will be a price change.
Students 12 and younger – $200 / 3 months training
Students 12 – 18 – $220 / 3 months training
Students over 18 – $240 / 3 months training
It is required you review the COVID-19 Policy, this will be developing as guidelines change from the government and Alberta Health Services.
Association of Shotokan Karate COVID Guidelines – 2020 Phase 2
The ASK will be reopening indoor training in Calgary October 1, 2020 and in order to proceed with a safe training environment the following COVID Policy will be in place. We are taking extra precautions to make sure individuals are able to train in a healthy and safe space.
Students will need to complete the ASK Checklist for COVID-19 every week in order to enter the dojo. These must be signed by a parent of a minor or a student who is over 18 years old.
Arriving at Training:
- Students must wear a mask into the building and into the dojo’s. They are not required during training.
- All students are encouraged to remain respectful of the personal space of others.
- Please stay in your respective area in the dojo (some facilities might have taped sections for you to remain in).
- Parents are asked not to stay unless necessary for the student to help minimize interaction and space capacity.
- No Loitering.
- Wear your mask to exit the dojo and the facility.
- Thoroughly wash any materials brought to class including water bottles, clothing, equipment and gi’s.